Destination: Mexico: Tulum
Tucked between Mexico’s luxe Mayan Riviera and the expansive Sian Ka’an Biosphere, Tulum has long been a well-kept secret of eco-conscious travelers in search of life’s simple pleasures: a great climate, a perfect beach, simply prepared seafood, a strong margarita.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…at Be Tulum, a chic designer enclave.
EXPERIENCE…salsa Sunday at La Zebra
SPLURGE…on another night at one of the top resorts along the Riviera Maya before heading home
DRINK…margaritas and watch the sunset at Cesiak
SAVOR…the wood-fire-oven pizzas at Casa Violeta
VISIT…the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve, a stunning 1.3-million-acre nature preserve
SEE…the the Tulum ruins, an incredible archaeological site
SHOP…for fun Mexican finds and beach wear in the town of Tulum, especially at Mixik (which also has an outpost at the beach
For advice on planning a trip, contact us.
Search By Keyword
With new luxury villas and gorgeous classic resorts, the Turks...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.