Destination: Mexico: Tulum
Banish visions of thatched-roof beach bungalows…Be Tulum is a proud member of Design Hotels and boldly features sleek interiors and minimalist chic (as well as air-conditioning and 24-hour electricity, which is not a given at most hotels in the area). Rooms and suites are for adults only and feature dark Brazilian wood detailing, large floor-to-ceiling windows, freestanding bathtubs, ceiling fans and select touches of color in the textiles used throughout. The sexy pool and lounge area would not look out of place in Miami or Los Angeles, with cool designer chairs and dramatic lighting at night. The rooftop bar is pure Mexico, though with expansive views and a laid-back ambience. The hotel is about a 10-minute drive to the town of Tulum. Children must be 12 years or older.
Search By Keyword
The gateway to southeastern Asia, Singapore has a lot to...
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.