Destination: Laos: Luang Prabang
A designated UNESCO World Heritage site, Luang Prabang is the former royal capital of Laos and abounds with cultural sites, including some thirty wats or temples.
Read about the best hotel options under Where to Stay and authentic restaurants under Where to Eat. The city’s most fascinating cultural activities can be found under Where to See & Do and where you can pick up authentic mementos can be found under Where to Shop.
If you are thinking of a trip to Luang Prabang, contact Indagare’s bookings team for help with your trip.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…at La Résidence Phou Vau for an incredible garden setting
EXPERIENCE…authentic Laotian cuisine at Coconut Garen
EAT…at Tamarind, which also hosts one of the town’s best cooking schools
SAVOR…delicious croissants and pain aux chocolat at Le Banneton
VISIT…Elephant Village, a camp for rescued elephants
SEE…the extraordinary temples of Luang Prabang
KNOW…how to plan a four-day itinerary.
Search By Keyword
Known as the Blue City for its cobalt-painted facades, Jodhpur...
Berlin is one of Europe's most fascinating, stimulating and underrated...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.