Destination: China: Hong Kong
Café Gray Deluxe
Hong Kong’s exciting boutique hotel , the Upper House in Central’s Pacific Place complex, scored a major culinary coup when it lured star chef Gray Kunz (formerly of New York City culinary fame), back to his former stomping ground of Hong Kong. Renowned for wild and brilliant cuisine that merges East and West, Kunz was born in Singapore, raised in Switzerland and made a name for himself in Hong Kong in the 1980s and later, in New York, where he ran the award-winning Lespinasse before opening his own eponymous restaurant in the Time Warner Center, winning a Michelin star in its first year.
Now, the chef is back in Hong Kong and the Upper House’s talented designer, Andre Fu, could not have supplied him with a more stunning backdrop. Located on the 49th floor of the hotel, Café Gray Deluxe has a central dining room and two wings that hold an open kitchen on one side and a long bar and lounge area on the other. The brilliant private dining nooks along the open bar side are fast...
Search By Keyword
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.