Destination: China: Hong Kong
People may be surprised to find that Hong Kong has some strenuous mountain hikes including the sixty-two-mile MacLehose Trail, which goes along New Territories mountain valleys and ridges. Even closer to the city it is possible to find peaceful walks that are shaded by foliage—Bowen Road, just above Central, is a delightful stroll that allows great views of Central, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. The Tourist Board has compiled a series of suggested walks in a booklet, covering different themes and districts. A few hikes on the outer islands of Cheung Chau, Peng Chau and Lantau area also thrown in. The booklet, and many others, can be picked up at the airport arrivals area. 2508 1234; www.discoverhongkong.com.
Search By Keyword
The massive region, mushrooming out from Westchester County and spanning...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.