Fullerton Bay Hotel
In a choice location right in the marina, this hotel is the younger, hip sister to the historic Fullerton (the two are connected via under-ground passage). Opened in 2010, the hotel boasts striking public spaces designed by André Fu. As with the Hong Kong–based interior designer’s other projects (the Upper House and the Opposite House), the bright public spaces strike a genius balance between understated and lavish, with massive floor-to-ceiling windows, sparkling, ultra-contemporary chandeliers, tile floors and splashes of pinks and purples.
The modern but inviting aesthetic continues in the 98 guest rooms, any of which have fabulous views of the harbor and South China Sea. Tech nerds will be in heaven here, with touch-screen controls that manage everything from blinds to television (massive flatscreens). Winning, in-room details include a universal plug, iPod docking station, a laptop tray (for working in bed) and a yoga mat. The spacious bathroom opens to the bedroom via a sleek sliding door, and a Nespresso maker is on-hand for that first jolt of caffeine.
The Fullerton Bay’s rooftop, with a glass-sided, 25-meter swimming pool, holds groovy Lantern, a restaurant-cum-lounge that’s one of the city’s favorite hang-outs for lunch or nighttime cocktails (the pool can only be used by guests of the hotel). A fancier vibe prevails at Clifford, the marina-side French brasserie whose 28-meter ceiling is the only giveaway that you’re, in fact, not in Paris. Fullerton Bay guests have access to the Fullerton’s facilities, including a small spa, but design-conscious travelers will be hard-pressed to abandon the Fullerton Bay’s gorgeous setting for its more historic counterpart.
Search By Keyword
The private island off Antigua makes a wonderful getaway for...
Thanks to a host of activities, stunning landscapes and gorgeous...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.