Sands Sky Park
It’s not so much a “park” as a large platform with incredible views on top of the Marina Bay Sands. It’s fun to see if you are looking for a general lay-of-the-land from above, but the price tag is steep (Singa$19, about U.S.$16) and you can get the same vista if visiting Ku de Ta Nightclub (also on the roof here) or even at Sky on 57. Of course, budding architects and design aficionados will be deeply impressed by architect Moshe Safdie’s engineering feat that is this multi-billion development.
This massive Ferris Wheel (at 165 meters, it’s even larger than the London Eye) moves so slowly you can barely see it rotating from the ground. A full rotation takes 45 minutes (reportedly people got motion-sick when it moved faster) and offers stunning views. Those with vertigo need not apply; everyone else will love the elevated vistas, especially at night, when the neighboring Marina Bay Sands hotel does its light show.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.