Destination: Indonesia: Bali
There are several ways of planning a stay in Bali with most travelers opting for a combination of beach and inland resorts. I would suggest spending one or two nights in the south to recover from the long flight, then travel to Ubud for a few days of inland adventure before returning to the beach at the end of your trip. If you’re based in or near Seminyak, be sure to plan in a few days of shopping.
For easy reference, here are the hotels and villas listed by location:
The Balé (BOUTIQUE)
Bulgari Resort (HIDEAWAYS)
The Club at the Legian (BOUTIQUE)
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay (FAMILY FRIENDLY)
Hotel Tugu Bali (BOUTIQUE)
The Istana (VILLAS TO RENT)
Villa Jajaliluna Villa (VILLAS TO RENT)
Ritz-Carlton, Bali Resort & Spa (FAMILY FRIENDLY)
Villa Atas Ombak (VILLAS TO RENT).
Ubud & Surroundings:
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan (FAMILY FRIENDLY)
Panchoran (VILLAS TO RENT)
Como Shambhala Estate (MOST INDULGENT)
Villa Kirana (VILLAS TO RENT).
Puri Ganesha Villas (HIDEAWAYS).
Search By Keyword
The best of the Riviera Maya, a gorgeous coastline that's...
To understand the land that inspired awe in the Incas,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.