Destination: Spain: Barcelona
Opened in 1933 this Barcelona institution was a popular meeting place for members of the Govern de la República during the Spanish Civil War. After a recent renovation, the expansive restaurant’s original Art Déco design has been refreshed with lime-green walls, lemon-yellow accents and a grand red-carpeted staircase leading up to the second floor. The full menu is available all day, but most locals agree that the breakfast offerings are the kitchen’s strong point.
This traditional fine seafood restaurant in the non-gentrified Raval neighborhood dates back to 1929. The yellow and blue-tiled dining room adds to the authentic Mediterranean feel. This is not a flashy place, but a Barcelona tradition.
This classic, Michelin-starred restaurant has been around since 1869. It recently relocated into the Hotel Cram but continues to attract a loyal following for marvelous salt-cod cakes, suckling pig served with seared strawberries and potato Parmentier topped with a poached egg and white truffles.
Search By Keyword
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.