Residences at the Little Nell
Sitting on the other side of the Gondola from the Little Nell hotel, the Little Nell Residences are fabulous accommodations for families. The one to four-bedroom apartments are fractionally owned but some do come into a rental pool, and they are among the most comfortable family ski residences anywhere.
The design is not as modern or sexy as that of the new Little Nell hotel rooms. Wilson Associates out of Texas handled the design and the firm favors big leather club chairs, rough-hewn wooden tables and Western art—all details that scream cattle rancher’s dream home. Just as J.R. would like them, the apartments are large and comfortable with ample closets, full laundry rooms and great rooms for gathering and enjoying the views of Aspen mountain. From the apartment balconies you can feel a part of the scene around the gondola and the tables outside at Ajax and Il Mulino without even leaving your room.
There’s an owner’s lounge off of the lobby, as well as a fitness center and rooftop pool and hot tub with great views of the mountain. There’s also a barbecue area on the roof that can be rented by guests who want to have friends for a grill night.
Who it’s right for: Those who want a great location that offers proximity to the shops and restaurants and the gondola and all of the comforts of a well-kitted out residence.
Read a member’s postcard about her recent trip to the Residences.
St. Regis Resort, Aspen
Vibe: Upscale alpine chic
At a Glance: An elegant base for families or couples
Review: Located at the base of Aspen Mountain between the Silver Queen Gondola and Lift 1-A, the five-floor, 179-room property provides all the amenities and services associated with St. Regis hotels around the country. The Aspen edition is decorated in a fine Western alpine style, with fur throws draped across the beds and a river-rock fireplace in the lobby. With the June 2012 completion of its $40 million renovation, the St. Regis has truly become one of the area’s top hotels.
The best views are from the mountain-facing Grand Deluxe rooms on the second floor – ask for one with a balcony – and all suites come with butler service, sofa beds and connecting configurations to create space for families. Most exciting is the 15,000-square-foot Remède Spa, with a complimentary oxygen room for high-altitude hangovers or just general acclimating. A treatment here is a must, regardless of where you’re staying. The hotel’s east wing is given over to twenty-five two- and three-bedroom fractional residences, which are individually sold but rentable subject to availability. They have their own private entrance, elevator and concierge service.
- 15,000-square-foot Remède spa with oxygen bar
- Complimentary butler service in the suites
- Gourmet dinners at Chef’s Club by FOOD & WINE
Search By Keyword
The Thai island’s more glamorous, more grown-up side is quickly...
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.