Destination: France: Paris
In early September, Sofian Nait-Bouda, the resident philosopher- Waiter of acclaimed Spring restaurant, introduced an underground space, Spring Buvette. The food is pure Spring, hailing from the restaurant and the boutique. Buvette means a bar, or refreshment stand, a place for little drinks and eats. It envelopes you with vaulted ceilings, stone walls, a small, inviting bar, a few tables, low lighting, and one level down, an eat-in wine cellar. “It’s the kind of place to stay all night long,” Sofian says, and in fact, the intimate space invites conversations between tables and bar mates. The short menu tempts with six categories of methods of cooking and tastes: mijote, or stewed i.e. we had a beef tail stew (€16); conserve, or preserved, like sardines (€10); fermente for cheeses, sold by the slice; sucre, or sweet, desserts (€6). Cozy up for a bite, or half the night. ~ DENA KAYE
Search By Keyword
This flat island boasts world class hotels, stunning private villas,...
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.