Destination: France: Paris
Left Bank: St. Germain des Près
Some of the city’s best shopping is concentrated in the 6th and 7th arrondissements. Start at Rue du Bac and Quai Voltaire. Follow Rue du Bac away from the Seine, you will pass Laurence Tavernier, Eric Bompard, Le Prince Jardinier and Deyrolle. Cross Blvd. St.-Germain and continue along the Rue du Bac until it meets Rue de Varenne. Look out for the small stationer shop Olivier de Sercey. (On the corner, you’ll see the shop Dîners en Ville.)
Going along the Rue du Bac, keep an eye out for the lovely home and children’s shops, Blanc d’Ivoire and Coquelicot…Paprika and R&Y Augousti. Make a left on Rue de Babylone, Conran shop is on the corner and Le Bon Marché will be to your right, if you need a fix at the best department store in the city. Continue along Rue de Babylone until you reach Blvd. Raspail.
Once you cross, stay straight on the Rue de Sèvres. On your immediate left, you will see a small square, where Le Cigale Récamier...
Search By Keyword
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.