Destination: France: Paris
With the arrival of gifted chef Jean-François Rouquette, the Pur’Grill, at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme hotel, has become an interesting contemporary restaurant. Rouquette, former sous-chef to Philip Legendre at Taillevent, has designed a cosmopolitan menu with deep culinary roots in the most exacting techniques of French haute cuisine. Dishes include: lobster Caesar salad; steamed petit gris snails in an intriguing sauce of red radishes, for texture, and horseradish, for a racy contrast; grilled scallops with sauce of buttermilk and lovage (a brilliant way of underlining the natural sweetness in the bivalve); spit-roasted pigeon with Swiss chard and Turrón (almond brittle) butter. Desserts are scrumptious, too, including gelée of aloe vera with lychees and kumquats. Don’t be confused: to make a distinction between lunch and evening dining, the hotel calls the restaurant Les Orchidées during the day; Rouquette is in charge of lunch and dinner menus. Open daily. Métro: Opéra.
Search By Keyword
The Thai island’s more glamorous, more grown-up side is quickly...
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.