Destination: France: Paris
Paris Hot Spots: Spring 2013
Long days and blue skies make May and June the ideal time to enjoy the City of Light at her finest, before the summer crowds arrive. From dazzling museum shows and delicious neo-bistros to a princely hotel recently returned to its former glory, here’s why Paris shines brighter than ever this spring.
1. The Parisian Art Scene
Contemporary art is filling the hallowed halls of Paris’s traditional museums. From Keith Haring in the Musée d’Art Moderne, to 34-year-old ingénue Loris Gréaud in the Louvre and Simon Hantai in the Centre Pompidou, these exhibitions are not to be missed this spring. Read more: Paris Art in the Springtime.
2. Le Fooding
Oysters and chocolates and bistros, oh my! (Or should we say, ooh la la?!) Les gourmands’ tongues are wagging about the hip Le Mary Celeste and Alain Ducasse’s La Manufacture du Chocolate. The nouvelle vague in Parisian dining is a fresh, inventive take on classic French cuisine. The prix-fixes at recently opened neo-bistros Roseval, Bones and La Régalade Conservatoire, feature exquisite reinterpretations of standard bistro fare, infused with unexpected and international flavor combinations.
3. New on the Hotel Scene
From the wrought-iron detailing on lobby elevator doors to the Tamara de Lempicka reproductions hanging in the guestrooms, the new and improved Prince de Galles pays homage to the hotel’s original glory days in the 1920s and ‘30s—when it hosted the likes of Winston Churchill and Marlene Dietrich. Today, brand-new amenities like the state-of-the-art fitness center and spa, insure that today’s glamorous guests will feel perfectly pampered.
Search By Keyword
The Spanish capital is buzzing with revamped hotels, authentic restaurants...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.