Destination: France: Paris
One of the biggest decisions to make when booking a trip to Paris is whether to stay on the Left Bank or the Right Bank of the Seine. It depends on personal sensibility and what activities and sights are most important to you during your journey. Many families choose to be based Right Bank, in walking distance to the Jardin des Tuileries and such sights as Notre-Dame. Also, most of the palace hotels are located on this side of the river. Visitors more interested in shopping and the gallery scene, choose one of the smaller boutique properties on the Left Bank. Here are the hotels covered in this report broken down by bank.
RIGHT BANK: Caron de Beaumarchais, Fouquet’s Barrière, Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, Hôtel Brighton, Hôtel Costes, Hôtel de Crillon, Hôtel du Petit Moulin, Hôtel Lancaster, Hôtel Le Bristol, Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Hôtel Plaza Tour Eiffel, Hôtel Raphael, Hôtel Regina, Hôtel Ritz, Le Meurice, Marais Townhouse, Murano Urban Resort, Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, La Reserve Paris, Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris.
LEFT BANK: Hôtel d’Aubusson, Hôtel Bel Ami, Hôtel Des Marronniers, Hôtel des Saints-Pères, Hôtel Duc de Saint Simon, Hôtel Le Sainte-Beuve, Hôtel Le Sénat, Hôtel Lutetia, Hôtel Montalembert, Hôtel Odéon Saint-Germain, Hôtel Relais Saint-Germain, L’Hôtel, Le Bellechasse Saint Germain.
Search By Keyword
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.