Destination: South Africa: Cape Town
The glass-tower hotel, at the intersection between the Waterfront and the highways leading to the southern suburbs, was built as part of the ever-expanding Waterfront. The rooms are large (and the bed linens are divine), but it feels a bit corporate. The real reason to stay at or visit the Arabella is the glorious swimming pool in the sky next to the spa. Free to hotel guests and spa patrons, it’s worth a visit for the sensation of swimming while looking over the city below. A sister property, the Arabella Western Cape Hotel & Spa, is about an hour outside Cape Town, close to the seaside town of Hermanus. It has its own golf course, and I’ve heard excellent reports of the spa. Rooms from $385.
Search By Keyword
To quote the renowned historian Alan Morehead, "Anyone who can...
The French islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros offer breathtaking cliffs,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.