Destination: Italy: Venice
This restaurant, by the Hotel Cipriani on the Giudecca, has hands-down the best view of Venice. From its al fresco terrace, you see a gorgeous panorama of the city, including San Marco and its Campanile (clock tower), and its especially magical at dusk and into night. The ambiance strikes the perfect balance between laid-back and elegant, thanks to the warm and knowledgeable wait staff; especially charming are Maitre d’ Adamello Bianco and sommelier Marianna Cappotto.
The menu is a mix of Venetian and regional specialties, all beautifully prepared and presented. A recent meal included smooth zucchini blossoms stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese, a deep-hued gazpacho served with gambas and juicy cantaloupe, and lovely sea bass simply prepared with lemon and fennel. Everything was unfussy in preparation and deeply flavorful. Don’t miss dessert, including an unctuous tiramisu, which may sound like a pedestrian choice, but even this Italian classic is taken to new heights here. Open daily (in season).
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Connecticut's most scenic county.
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.