Destination: Italy: Venice
In a 17th century villa in the Dorsoduro district near the Accademia Bridge is a treasure of a pensione, or bed-and-breakfast, that has pretty gardens, twenty-five comfortable antiques-filled rooms and warm service. It’s no wonder that most of its guests are repeaters. The villa on the Grand Canal, once the Russian embassy, was transformed into a hotel in the 1950s. The Salsamo family, who also own the Ala hotel and now rent some apartments, have filled its rooms with antiques and treasures from the region. Rooms range from singles at 80 euro in low season to suites for 330 euro in high season; breakfast included.
Search By Keyword
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
Few places on earth are as dramatic in appearance as...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.