Destination: Italy: Venice
See Luxury and the Casa Nova residences mentioned in Bauer Il Palazzo as well as the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal for its sister property, the Palazzo Selvadego; both of which offer apartment-style rooms for a more residential kind of stay.
Vibe: Sleek, private apartments.
At a Glance: Gorgeous palazzo on the Giudecca with massive apartments, private butlers and a lovely garden out back.
Review: In 2011, Francesca Bortolotto Possati, the pioneering hotelier behind Bauer Il Palazzo and the Bauer Palladio, opened Venice’s most exclusive new property. The Villa F is located on the Giudecca, a few doors down from the Bauer Palladio, in a 16th century Renaissance palazzo that was painstakingly and beautifully restored. With eleven palatial one- and two-bedroom residences, the Villa F feels like a private estate, where guests can move in for weeks at a time. With this project, Possati has upgraded the hotel landscape in Venice by providing well-heeled travelers with the ability to experience the city as a local without sacrificing ease and efficiency signature of the Bauers well-oiled hotel service.
As with all of Possati’s projects the details of the sumptuous apartments are pitch-perfect, and each are impeccably styled in a contemporary twist on old-world Venetian grandeur. Guests will find original frescoes, Terrazzo floors and Rubelli, Donghia & Jesurum fabrics beside wrought iron headboards, vintage mirroring and leather furniture. Each apartment is unique and guests have the luxury of selecting theirs in advance. While second floor units showcase a funky farmhouse aesthetic (picture metallic walls and accents, exposed wooden beams and abstract art); first floor apartments, categorized as “Venetian Imperial”, feature twenty-plus-foot ceilings, hand-painted murals and living spaces larger than the Villa’s own entrance foyer.
Each residence also comes with butler service; while chefs, nannies and personal concierges are available upon request. Finally, Villa F guests have access to resort amenities at all of the Bauer properties, including a beautifully appointed spa at the Bauer Palladio.Indagare Loves:
- The sense of privacy.
- The beautiful garden with a pool (Possati has a passion for gardening)
- Top-of-the-line amenities, like Brummel kitchens, oversized plasma TVs, iPod docking stations and complimentary wireless internet
Search By Keyword
This island has unspoiled coral reefs and protected lagoons so...
This South American city is imbued with sophistication, generous hospitality...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.