Destination: Turkey: Istanbul
Just a short walk from Beyolgu’s main artery, the Istikal Caddesi, Cezayir serves up reinvented Turkish food in a 106-year-old Italian schoolhouse. Don’t miss the restaurant’s focal dishes: borek, a pastry filled with pastrami and dried fruit, and the hamsi ceviche. Indagare tip: Book a table in the garden.
An Istanbul Insider sums Mimolett up as: “Very good food; bad location and atmosphere.” Foodies might still want to make the commitment to sample chef-owner Murat Bozok’s ambitious haute Mediterranean cuisine (he trained with numerous Michelin-starred chefs). The wine list as well mixes French vintages with newer Turkish labels and the rooftop terrace is a good spot for an aperitif.
Search By Keyword
With views of the Swiss Alps and Lake Geneva, Lausanne...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.