Destination: Italy: Rome
There is something undeniably old-school about the Italian capital, especially when it comes to dining. Yes, there are some sleek restaurants with minimalist decor and innovative cuisine, but for the most part, visitors seek out the mom-and-pop trattorias of yesteryear or, in some cases, yester-century. Rome is one of Indagare’s most popular destinations, and it’s not unusual for a member to work with one of our travel experts on mapping out an itinerary entirely based around the restaurants, meals and types of food not to be missed. One scene-stealer has been Aroma, where diners sit on a terrace with an up-close view of the Colosseum. Families will be happy to discover the sumptuous antipasta buffet at Gusto where kids can fill up on delicious mini-pizzas and pasta salads in an informal and fun ambience.
Search By Keyword
Berlin is one of Europe's most fascinating, stimulating and underrated...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.