Destination: Italy: Rome
We have designed itineraries for so many members traveling to Rome (and benefited from their feedback) that we have created a Mapped Out: Rome, an essential three-day itinerary
Part city guide, part city map, the Mapped Out guides breaks down the Italian capital into three insider itineraries, each detailing what to see and do, where to eat, and where to shop. All picks are marked on colorful maps, facilitating exploration.
A Private View of Italy
Stefano Aluffi-Pentini’s custom travel company combines his background as an art historian with an upbringing amid Rome’s aristocracy to gain entrance to private houses and villas, as well as to view art collections, including works by Caravaggio and Canova. He organizes trips for serious art individuals and groups—donors to the Pierpont Morgan Library, the Metropolitan Opera, the Frick Collection and Villa I Tatti, among them—based upon their specific interests, and including meals hosted by the collectors themselves. Other special touches are holding events such as dinners, concerts and weddings in locations that would otherwise not be available, such as a private palazzo designed by Raphael. The company also offers services throughout Europe.
Search By Keyword
With views of the Swiss Alps and Lake Geneva, Lausanne...
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.