Destination: Italy: Capri
Those who love expansive sand beaches will be disappointed on Capri, which has a rocky coastline. There is a small stretch of beach right by J.K. Place, the only hotel on the island with direct beach access. There are also a few private lidos, where visitors can rent umbrellas and chaises to while the day away. The most popular ones are at La Fontelina, near the Faraglioni rocks, which also has a recommended restaurant, and Lido del Faro, at the foot of the lighthouse in Anacapri. The beaches at the Marina Grande and Piccola are usually overrun in summer (if you must choose between the two, go for Piccola). Of course, your best bet for dipping into the azure of the Bay of Naples is from the deck of a private yacht.
Search By Keyword
With new luxury villas and gorgeous classic resorts, the Turks...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.