Cinq Mondes Spa
Located in the Monte-Carlo Bay hotel, the spa shares the same “fusion” spirit, offering beauty and therapeutic treatments and ritual baths from five continents. The menu includes Balinese, Taoist and Thai massages, but the two most popular items are the Oriental hot-oil massage and the Brazilian crème de café cellulite “draining” using a coffee-bean-based cream. Not as snazzy as the two spas listed above, the Cinq Mondes is still well worth a visit, particularly if you’re staying at the Monte-Carlo Bay. The red-and-black Asian-inspired treatment rooms are just steps are away from the hotel’s heated indoor pool under a spectacular glass dome.
Les Thermes Marins de Monte-Carlo
Perched on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean, this enormous high-concept palace of pink marble, wood and glass is one of the principality’s star attractions. It offers thalassotherapy and a wide selection of beauty and well-being treatments, plus a heated indoor seawater pool, a hammam, a sauna and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Among the highlights are the extravagant new Monte-Carlo Diamond treatment, a massage and scrub with genuine diamond powder and essential rose oils; the Tonic Minceur treatment, with detox algae wraps; and the six-day “for men only” program, with everything from cardiotraining to antiage facials using La Prairie products. The numerous day-spa options range from seaweed wraps and Dead Sea mud packs to diverse massage techniques, including Shiatsu and my particular favorite, fasciatherapy, a deep kneading that kept me energized for weeks. If you’re staying at either the Hôtel de Paris or the Hôtel Hermitage, you have free access to the pool and the lovely solarium terrace overlooking the harbor.
Located on the Hôtel Métropole ground floor, the Jacques Garcia-designed ESPA exudes a chic exoticism, from the polished woods and stingray-skin walls of its thirteen treatment rooms to the brown-mosaic-tiled hammam and fluffy beige robes. The spa has no windows and keeps the lighting low, creating a soothing atmosphere where time seems suspended. For a truly special experience, book a three-hour session in one of the two private VIP couple suites followed by a private hydromassage chromotherapy bath. ESPA’s treatments include energy-boosting massages, salt and oil scrubs and hot-stone therapy. After a cool tropical mist shower, head for the outdoor terrace, where you can sip fresh juices by the heated seawater pool.
Search By Keyword
From super-future cities to remote countryside, China offers an incredible...
Bordering the Atlantic Ocean and South Africa, Namibia has expansive...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.