Read an interview with photographer Michael Dweck about his book Habana Libre.
Also in this report: The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, great insider recommendations in Indagare Intelligence and inspiring books and movies in Library.
If you are planning a trip to Cuba and need help with itineraries and plugged-in operators, contact our Bookings Team or call 212-988-2611.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP… in the nicest boutique hotel in Old Havana or one of the larger, full-service hotels: Where to Stay
EXPERIENCE…a ride in a classic DeSoto or Buick convertible or rent one for the day
SPLURGE… on tickets for the Tropicana cabaret show
DRINK… delicious daiquiris at El Floridita, Ernest Hemingway’s favorite bar
SAVOR… the sounds of the live music of the Buena Visit Social Club at Café Taverna
VISIT… Ernest Hemingway’s estate Finca La Vigia (“The Lookout”) and admire his rooms exactly as he left them
SEE… a ballet performance—or a rehearsal—at the Gran Teatro de la Habana
SHOP… at the studios of Cuban artists
KNOW…the insider guides who can get you reservations at the best paladares and navigate the notorious Cuban bureaucracy
Search By Keyword
José Ignacio has been compared to Montauk of thirty years...
Family vacation can be equal parts learning and leisure when...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.