Tanzania is attracting the best wilderness specialists in the world with new and renovated camps by the visionaries behind Singita and &Beyond as well as the Selous Project, where adventurers “go Indiana Jones for a week.”
Read Melissa’s Just Back from…Tanzania
Read about great Tanzania safari itineraries
Read Melissa’s game viewing diaries
Read Melissa’s blog for Cookiemag.com Just Back from Safari
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…under canvas on the Serengeti so you can understand what it means to be in the wild
EXPERIENCE…the true untouched lands of the vast Selous reserve
SPLURGE…on the country’s most extravagant suites at Singita Sasakwa
EAT…fresh fish that you catch yourself on Mnemba Island
DRINK…sundowners every night and toast the privilege of being here
VISIT…the Olduvai Gorge, or “The Cradle of Mankind,” where Louis and Mary Leakey excavated the first hominid fossils
SEE…the great migration on the Serengeti as well as the huge flocks of flamingos on Lake Manyara
SHOP…for hand-made crafts in a Maasai village where beaded bracelets and charms are spread out on the ground for browsing
KNOW…that as an Indagare member you can contact our Bookings Team for customized recommendations and itineraries, including climbing Kilimanjaro or traveling to a coastal resort after your safari.
For advice on spectacular lodges, safari specilists and itineraries, climbing Kilimanjaro or traveling to Zanzibar and Mnemba Island, we can offer advice and connect you with the best specialists. For information or to book, contact our advisory department by calling 212-988-2611 or by sending an inquiry
Search By Keyword
A designated Unesco World Heritage site, Laos' former royal capital...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.