Destination: Italy: Tuscany
Centered around Florence and encompassing such mystical towns as Siena, Montepulciano and Arrezzo, Tuscany is known for its gorgeous countryside, vineyards and old-world charm.
One of the most challenging aspects of planing a trip to this large region is narrowing down the choices: do you prefer to be based close to Florence, in a remote country setting or right by the sea? There’s also myriad hotel options, ranging from very basic bed-and-breakfasts to high-luxury (if you’re planning a trip, contact our bookings team).
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…with a view of the sea at Il Pellicano
EXPERIENCE…the best between Florence and Siena with this three-day itinerary
SPLURGE…on renting one of the new villas at Palazzo Terranova
EAT…at this famous wine estate
DRINK…regional vintages at the places recommended in our Classic Tuscany Itinerary
SAVOR…a cooking class at one of these recommended schools
VISIT…the lesser-known seaside region of Tuscany
SEE…Brunelleschi’s dome while you’re lunching on the terrace of Il Saviatino
SHOP…for discounted Valetino, Pucci and Feragamo at the Mall in Leccio
KNOW…which the preferred properties of fashion designer Tory Burch
If you are thinking of traveling to Tuscany, contact our advisory department for trip-planning assistance.
Read a member postcard about a spectacular agritourismo hotel
Read our response to a reader inquiring about a first-time, week-long visit to Tuscany.
Read Allegra Lubrano advice on renting a villa in Tuscany.
Read fashion designer Tory Burch on traveling in Italy
Read Holly Dunlap’s Florence and Tuscany recommendations.
Search By Keyword
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
The best of the Riviera Maya, a gorgeous coastline that's...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.