Vibe: Family-friendly, centrally located, casually elegant
At a Glance: The Sandpiper, owned by the same family as the Coral Reef Club, radiates ease and elegant comfort, with a family-friendly atmosphere.
Review: Located within walking distance of Barbados’s most charming hamlet, Holetown, the Sandpiper is convenient but still elegant. With seemingly endless possibilities for connecting the forty-four guest rooms, a well-located pool and a protected beach, the hotel is supremely family-friendly; some suites even have full kitchens. As at the Coral Reef Club, here many water sports are complimentary, and the casual restaurant and bar are open throughout the day.
Who Should Stay: Travelers looking for understated elegance and who do not need a scene.Indagare Loves:
- The small, protected but beautiful beach is ideal for families with young children
- Some suites boast full kitchens, appreciated on an island where many restaurants tend to be formal and expensive
- The small nature of the property means everything is close together, making trips from the beach to your bungalow when you forget something like sunscreen, very easy
Search By Keyword
Change comes slowly to this small Bahamian island, and that’s...
One of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, Maastricht has...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.