A brilliant mix of new arrivals and old favorites are revitalizing New England’s beloved island resort.
Read our Why Go Now and Strategies. Also in this report: The island’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, what not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to top boutiques under Where to Shop, and insider recommendations and a boating company in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…at the venerable White Elephant and for privacy, book one of the new residences
EXPERIENCE…a cruise around Nantucket aboard the Endeavour
EAT…brunch at Black Eyed Susan’s (it’s worth the wait)
DRINK…at the Straight Wharf
SAVOR…the scene at Lola 41l
VISIT…the Juice Bar for the island’s best homemade ice cream
SEE… the excellent Nantucket Whaling Museum on a rainy day
SHOP…the terrific fashion boutiques in Nantucket town
KNOW…what longtime Nantucket visitor Jill Kargman recommends
Search By Keyword
The gateway to southeastern Asia, Singapore has a lot to...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.