For longtime visitors eager to own a piece of their island, the biggest news are the White Elephant Hotel Residences (Easton Street and S. Beach Street, 508-638-2446, www.whiteelephanthotelresidences.com) and Residences at Point Breeze (77 Easton Street, 877-930-2582, www.pointbreeze.com), both attractive new options from the regular hotel or house rental fare. The venerable White Elephant built sixty, fully serviced residence, ranging from one- to three-bedroom units. Decor is similar to the breezy, ocean styles found in the hotel, and owners will have access to all the amenities as well. Point Breeze, meanwhile, has thirty-two residences for sale; membership to the club (with spa, restaurants, etc.) is available to non-owners as well.
Two seaside restaurant favorites, the Brant Point Grill at the White Elephant and the Galley Beach (54 Jefferson Ave, 508-228-9641), underwent significant but understated renovations this winter, adding bar and dining room seating that made each feel more sophisticated without becoming too sleek. And despite being adjacent to hotels, both remain the see-and-be-seen spots for summer locals.
New, notable fashion boutiques to debut include: Current Vintage, Addison Craig and Legends. Épernay is a new wine haven and for lovely hostess gifts and beachy tabletop items, Belongings (23a Old South Wharf, 508-228-0677) is the noteworthy newcomer.
Search By Keyword
Beautiful and not overrun with tourists, this island off the...
The private island off Antigua makes a wonderful getaway for...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.