Destination: Las Vegas
With 38.9 million visitors in 2006, Vegas is now packed pretty much year-round. The average occupancy is an astonishing 95 percent for the city’s hotels overall, even higher for the luxury properties. And unless you deal well with absolute insanity, avoid New Year’s Eve at all costs. The only semislow times are the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and August, when average temperatures can be higher than 100 degrees. Bear in mind, though, that inexpensive packages during the summer months often bring in the masses.
TIP: To avoid the crowds and get much better deals on rooms and suites (and a much better chance of staying where you want), plan to go Sunday through Thursday.
Search By Keyword
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.