Destination: Argentina: Buenos Aires
BA seems to be on everyone’s must-visit list these days—and for good reason. Argentina’s capital is experiencing an exceptionally buzzing, magnetic period.
Also in this report: The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and travel specialists, insider recommendations and personal shoppers in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…at the Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt in the Recoleta neighborhood
EXPERIENCE…an Argentinean tango class at Carlos Copella
SPLURGE…on a pair of custom leather boots
DRINK…a cocktail at the ultra-hip Faena Hotel + Universe
SAVOR…the privacy of the four-suite Costa Petit Hotel
VISIT…the Malba, a museum dedicated to South American art
SEE…milonga, a form of Argentinean music and dance that preceded the tango
SHOP…in the city’s equivalent of Soho: the Palermo Viejo
KNOW… Architect Rafael Montes de Oca who leads art and antiques shopping tours
Search By Keyword
This flat island boasts world class hotels, stunning private villas,...
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.