Destination: Spain: Mallorca
Hotel La Residencia
An exclusive compound of historic stone buildings with thirty acres of lush blooming gardens and stunning views, La Residencia is one of Mallorca’s most celebrated and renowned hotels. No wonder: since its opening, its excellent service; remote, romantic location; and top cuisine (El Olivo) have won over an impressive list of international personalities, including Princess Diana and Pierce Brosnan. Originally masterminded by Richard Branson, it is now owned and managed by the Orient-Express Collection. The hotel boasts a sexy pool and offers beach access just a short drive off property. The fifty-nine guest rooms and suites are airy and bright, with whitewashed walls and wood-beamed ceilings. The entire hotel is outfitted with traditional handmade Mallorquin furnishings. Newer to the inventory are eight suites and The Villa, a deluxe accommodation with four bedrooms, located a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. Despite the fact that La Residencia keeps adding more luxurious suites every year, the most romantic and unique VIP room to book is still the two-level Luxury Tower Suite, an ancient watchtower thought to have been built by the Templar Knights. If you pick up on an atmosphere of trysting, it may come from the fact that many posh young Brits consider this the ultimate place for a naughty weekend away.
Search By Keyword
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.