Destination: Italy: Sardinia
The Italian isle of Sardinia is a contradictory and mysterious place. Writer D. H. Lawrence once described Sardinia as “lost between Europe and Africa and belonging to nowhere.” Read Indagare founder Melissa Bradley’s Just Back From…Sardinia
Also in this report: The island’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, books to read before you go under Library, and a Lay of the Land under Strategies.
Indagare Top Ten
SLEEP…in one of the gorgeous new villas at the family friendly Hotel Romazzino
EXPERIENCE…ground zero for the Sardinian yachting set at Cala di Volpe. But be aware that lunch at the pool grill will cost you more than 150 euros a person
SPLURGE…on a romantic retreat at Le Dune, a special hideaway
EAT…under the stars on the terrace of Lu Stazzu
DRINK…and people-watch at one of the island’s sexiest beach bars Phi Beach
SAVOR…the understated glamour of Hotel Pitrizza in one of the new villas on the hillside
VISIT…one of the island’s renowned vineyards
SEE…Sardinia’s stunning interior by hiking in the Gola su Gorropu
SHOP…for unique pottery at Antonio Farci’s shop
KNOW…charter company C.Y.C. which runs cruises to serene island group La Madalena
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Rio. Plus, learn about a family...
The Chilean capital's many cultural offerings, including fine food and...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.