Destination: St. Lucia
This replica of a 19th-century tall ship is instantly recognizable to children and adults alike—it was featured in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy (sailing as the Black Pearl, it’s skippered by Johnny Depp’s pirate captain). A little-known fact is that the Unicorn Brig docks in Rodney Bay and offers both sunset cruises and day trips several times a week. Families can also sign up for a pirate adventure (kids get dressed up as pirates) that includes an all-day cruise with stops at the Toraille waterfalls, the drive-in volcano and Marigot Bay. A treasure hunt and firing of the cannon are on the program, too. The cruise leaves at 8:30 A.M. and returns at 4:30 P.M. every day; lunch is served on board.
SEE ALSO: Sports & Activities: Rainforest Canopy Adventures
Search By Keyword
With new luxury villas and gorgeous classic resorts, the Turks...
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.