Destination: St. Barth's
Bijoux de la Mer/Maryvonne & Gérard
The jewelry here perfectly captures the island’s rich yet carefree vibe. You’ll hanker after clusters of gray seed pearls, black Tahitian pearls or sea glass strung on leather cords.
Few places denote a kind of membership in a club the way St. Barth’s does, which is why it can support status symbol products bearing its name. This shop sells tasteful jewelry with various island motifs, such as disks inlaid with a gold shape of the island or leather or silk cords with silver or gold bars or circles with “St. Barth’s” engraved on them. Families or groups of friends often buy bracelets or pendants for everyone as a memento. Fabienne works in an atelier on the island and also crafts pearl and stone-encrusted pieces.
Across the street from La Crêpèrie in Gustavia, this gallery exhibits the work of local artisans, including lovely handmade jewelry.
The shop’s earthy but elegant jewelry includes matte-gold bangles with semiprecious stone pendants and lariat-style necklaces with hammered-gold disks and semiprecious stones.
Search By Keyword
This island has unspoiled coral reefs and protected lagoons so...
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.