Destination: St. Barth's
Fly & Golf
There are no championship courses on St. Barth’s (residents have to settle for the funky Club Molokoi driving range), but there are some on nearby islands. Fly & Golf arranges for flights and tee times, so you can have a day of golfing on Robert Trent Jones II courses at the Four Seasons Nevis, Carambola on St. Croix or the Tom Fazio–designed Mahogany Run course on St. Thomas. They can even arrange for a PGA pro to play with you.
There are gyms all over the island and in many of the best hotels, but if you want to work out with many of the island’s fittest folk, this is the place. The two-year-old club has weight machines, group classes, Pilates and yoga; you can buy daily or weekly access. They will arrange for a personal trainer to work with you at your yacht or villa.
Horseback Riding: Ranch des Flamands
Founded by two female equestrians, Ranch des Flamands has both dressage classes and guided trail rides that wind up on Flamands Beach. Pony rides for children are also available.
This Pilates studio in Gustavia (across from La Saladerie) offers group Pilates, yoga and fitness classes, and will also send a personal trainer to your villa or yacht.
See Totem for surf equipment to buy or rent.
For operators who can arrange everything from scubadiving to windsurfing, see What To See and Do: On the Water.
Search By Keyword
Insider picks from Athens and the best island, including Mykonos,...
Exquisite small safari lodges and visionary conservation projects have raised...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.