Destination: Brazil: Rio de Janeiro
Artist Skowrosnki displays her beautiful fabrics and assorted gifts and housewares at a couple of very colorful shops—ideal for kids.
O Sol sells handmade pieces by craftspeople from all over Brazil; the stock can change from week to week, but usually there’s some good pottery available.
This little shop showcases a unique assortment of pieces by Brazilian designers and handmade items by artisans from local co-ops. It’s one of my favorites, and the ideal place to pick up that hard-to-find gift: embroidered T-shirts, amazing purses, pretty custom jewelry and unusual housewares.
Rio Design Leblon
It started as a design/decor/housewares luxury mall along the lines of L.A.’s Pacific Design Center but gradually found its place as a sophisticated consumer’s paradise; excellent shops and restaurants and a complimentary shuttle service to most hotels make it a perfect stop on a day out. Open Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.–10 p.m., Sundays and holidays 3 p.m.–9 p.m.
Search By Keyword
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.