Destination: Hawaii: Oahu
An insider guide to Honolulu and beyond.
Also in this report:
The island’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and airport transfer, drivers and insider recommendations in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN:
SLEEP…in a upper-floor room (to escape the beach noise) at the Halekulani
EXPERIENCE…ancient Hawaiian therapies at the lofty Outrigger Waikiki spa
SPLURGE…on dinner at Hoku’s, on one of the island’s most beautiful beaches
EAT…at Helena’s Hawaiian Food, a favorite insider spot
DRINK…with a view at Hanohano, the Rainbow Room of Oahu
SAVOR…the elaborate Sunday brunch at Orchids
VISIT…the powerful Pearl Harbor Memorial
SEE…the Iolani Palace, America’s only royal residence
SHOP…at Aloha Rag for a great edit of international haute labels
KNOW…what places locals “Paul Theroux and Sheila Donnelly recommend
Search By Keyword
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.