Destination: China: Beijing
Home to nearly twenty million people, Beijing is a superpower capital to see. To say that Bejiing is like visiting the future is true, because there’s no doubt that China will have enormous influence on world affairs. To understand where we are going, you must see it, but be prepared for disorientation. Go now to feel the energy of the rapid change and be sure to spend time seeing some of its World Heritage sites and digging beneath the surface.
Also in this report:
The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the shopping scene under Where to Shop, and great guides and insider recommendations in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…at the sleek new Park Hyatt if you want chic rooms, snap-to service and a central location
EXPERIENCE…the contemporary art on display in the Dashanzi Art District
SPLURGE…on a stay at the Aman at the Summer Palace and overnight in an historic monument in supreme comfort
EAT…at the Capital M and enjoy incredible views of Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City
DRINK…a cup of tea at Green T House, owned by musician and artist JinR
VISIT… the Great Wall with William Lindsay, a Brit who once ran the length of it
SEE…the city through the eyes of designer Kai-Yin Lo
SHOP…for pearls at the market
Search By Keyword
St Moritz has come roaring back. For an update on...
Like the French Riviera, Turkey’s southwester coast was “discovered” by...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.