Destination: Palm Beach
Vibe: grande dame, old-world, imposing size
At a Glance: Henry Morrison Flagler’s storied hotel (originally the Palm Beach Inn) has had many incarnations but remains what it always was: the grande dame of Palm Beach.
Inspired by the villas of the Italian Renaissance, the Breakers makes an unforgettable impression, with its hand-stenciled coffered and groin-vaulted ceilings, arched loggias and acres of marble and native stone. Of the 560 guest rooms, the ocean-facing suites are the ones to book. They feature two or more full balconies and, like all the rooms in the hotel, traditional fabrics and finishes in shades of surf green and coral.
The Breakers offers plenty to do, including the requisite golf and tennis, but nothing compares with its Beach Club. Accessible only to hotel guests and members, the oceanfront complex features private bungalows, cabanas, three pools, two restaurants, a rooftop terrace and an ultraluxurious spa. Rent a bungalow for the day, and let the Beach Club butlers attend to your every whim.
- Bungalows on the beach available for day rentals
- Ocean-facing suites
- Impeccable service
Read about the Breakers in Melissa’s Just Back from…Palm Beach
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Rio. Plus, learn about a family...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.