Destination: Palm Beach
UPDATE: The Babor Institute closed in the summer of 2008 and is now partnering with the Four Seasons as part of the property’s new 11,000-square-foot spa. You can still shop for Babor products on the company’s Web site.
This day spa/beauty institute, which opened in 1997 in an elegant building on Royal Poinciana Way, offers an amazing array of body and face treatments that are based on a natural philosophy and years of scientific research. The facials are truly among the best you will ever experience. Their homeopathic products are superb at fighting the effects of jet-lag. Among the best: the Sensational Eye Pads and the Anti-stress/Anti-Jetlag cream, which has includes a brown algae synchronize body rhythms and ginger and peptides to soothe redness. You can order them online.
Located within the Brazilian Court Hotel, this Fekkai salon has wonderful stylists and makeup artists who can give you a natural or dramatic look. They cater to both the young and old guard.
Lotus Hair Studio
Insider Marjorie Gubelmann swears that Reigan Roan Zapatier at Lotus Hair Studio is the makeover maestro of South Florida. “She is the best hair and makeup artist I’ve found anywhere,” insists the founder of Vie Luxe candles.
Search By Keyword
Intimate, hip beach hotels line the shore of this former...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.