Destination: Palm Beach
As a new generation has started to buy and build full-time and part-time houses—both on the island of Palm Beach proper and in the newly vibrant West Palm Beach area—the collecting scene has evolved to elicit more passion and to encompass more interests than ever. Signs are evident in the kinds of art and furniture exhibited in local galleries along Worth Avenue and West Dixie Highway, in the more modern style of decorating in people’s houses (yes French Forties has crossed the Intercoastal) and in the cutting-edge programs at such area museums as the Norton and White Space. But one of the best prisms through which to view the dynamism of this tropical retreat’s buying scene is to visit its series of winter art fairs.
In January and February, several major art fairs make Palm Beach a stop on their circuits. The best ones to check out are the Palm Beach Fair (www.palmbeachfair.com) and Palm Beach Jewelry, Art and Antique Show (www.palmbeachshow.com), both in February, and the contemporary-art biggie, Palm Beach 3 (www.palmbeach3.com), in January.
Search By Keyword
An insider's guide to Rio. Plus, learn about a family...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.