Destination: Deer Valley
St. Regis Deer Crest Resort
True to the St. Regis style, the new ski-in, ski-out Deer Crest Resort has a cozy, residential feel expanded to grand hotel proportions. Interiors of the 181 guest rooms, 67 condo suites and 26 private residences mimic the surrounding snowscape: subtle eggshells, rich umbers, and deep creams are set with dark chocolate furnishings and brass reading lamps, printed pillows and heavy gold curtains.
Amenities are top-notch as well: there’s a 14,000 square-foot Remède Spa, a state-of-the-art fitness club with personal trainers, exhibition wine cellar, ski butler service, two-tier infinity edge pool and slope-side hot tubs. The final wow? The perennial outdoor lounge: a three-thousand square-foot heated stone terrace, edged by 40-foot long wall of fire.
Deer Crest is particularly appealing for families, thanks to its convenient location: the eleven-story hotel sits slope-side in the private community of Deer Crest. Its main structure is cradled within the Roosevelt Gap, a funicular tram ride up the mountain from the Deer Valley Resort’s general base funicular. An adjacent lodge with welcome facilities gives guests a place to organize themselves before they return to...
Search By Keyword
For students of history and students of life, it’s moving...
Savannah is a magical otherworld where the pace is slow,...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.