Destination: France: Provence
How to navigate France’s most mythical region, which stretches along the Mediterranean coast and into the countryside celebrated by writer Peter Mayle in A Year in Provence.
Read about Getting There and Getting Around, boutique properties under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, cooking classes and best beaches under What to See & Do, shops under Where to Shop.
Indagare Top Ten:
SLEEP…in one of Provence’s special tree house hotels
EXPERIENCE…the region’s gorgeous countryside on a customized bike tour
SPLURGE…on a multi-course meal at La Bastide de Moustiers
DRINK…local vintages and learn about their production at Chêne Bleu
SAVOR…a treatment at the L’Occitane spa at newcomer Le Couvent des Minimes
VISIT…the region’s most scenic villages
Search By Keyword
Preserved by ancient fortifications and years of neglect, Cartagena is...
With lunar-like landscapes, deep glacial lakes and spectacular glaciers, Patagonia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.