What was once a tiny fishing village has morphed into a tax-free bastion of mega-malls, five-star hotels and wildly elaborate real estate projects.
Also in this report: The city’s best hotels under Where to Stay, hip restaurants under Where to Eat, sights not to miss under What to See & Do, a guide to the best malls and markets under Where to Shop, and great guide who can arrange desert trips in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…at the Raffles Dubai, a beautiful property in a great location
EXPERIENCE…a night, dinner or cocktail at over-the-top Burj Al Arab hotel
SPLURGE…on suite at the Residences, part of the One & Only Royal Mirage
EAT… Lebanese cuisine at popular restaurant Al Nafoorah
DRINK…at Vu, the Emirates Tower Hotel’s sultry bar on the 51st floor
SAVOR…the scene at Buddha Bar
VISIT…the Dubai souks, especially the gold and spice markets
SEE…Ski Dubai, the indoor slopes at the Mall of the Emirates
SHOP…the city’s sprawling malls, especially at the smaller Villa Moda
KNOW…Arabian Adventures for sand surfing and camel riding
Search By Keyword
With new luxury villas and gorgeous classic resorts, the Turks...
Eco safari camps, recommended outfitters, plus an amazing house rental...
The 4,000-acre resort on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is not a...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.