Destination: Mexico: Riviera Maya
Glass Bar/Di Vino
Many insiders consider the Glass Bar, which opened in 2003 and is run by four handsome Italians from Naples, Playa’s best restaurant. Tables spill out of the charming dining room, with its exposed brick walls and original works of art, onto 5th Avenida, the town’s main thoroughfare. Given the eatery’s location across the street from hip Deseo hotel, an outdoor table is a great spot for people watching. The menu emphasizes beautifully presented Italian Mediterranean fare, including homemade pastas, grilled fish and hearty meats like rabbit and lamb. Daily specials are written on a green chalkboard. There’s an extensive wine list and a decadent dessert menu, including freshly made ice creams and sorbets. But regulars are attracted as much by the genial atmosphere created by the charismatic Nicola Iorio, who spearheaded the project, and particularly appreciate that it’s open from 7 A.M. on, every day of the week. If you can’t get a table here, the same team also runs Di Vino wine bar across the street.
Search By Keyword
The Dutch capital is the kind of city where you'll...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.