One Willow Bridge Road
Vail’s condominium options long ranged from average to undistinguished, but all that changed with of One Willow Bridge Road, twenty-two units, twelve of which are fractional ownership. These big condos (2,000 square feet on average), which their owners are free to rent out through any number of sources, overlook Gore Creek, in the heart of Vail Village, and are built so solidly, the only way to hear the water is to open the window. They also set new standards for high-tech accoutrements; every room has several touch-screen panels that control everything including the sound system and the lights and offer weather reports to boot.
Another departure is the decor: there’s a distinct New England atmosphere here, with white wood paneling in the bathrooms, and the kitchens will make any cook want to stay in for dinner. Outside, a pool and a hot tub overlook the creek. The ground level has a small market, deli, wine bar and crêperie —all firsts for the center of the village. In addition to everything else, management and services are provided by the adjacent Sonnenalp, the first place to call to check on availability. Two-bedroom units from $1,700.
Search By Keyword
As a winter destination, comparisons to other North American ski...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.