Owned by the legendary Denver Broncos quarterback, John Elway, this restaurant serves a menu you would expect from NFL player (think: steak, lamb and seafood), but with a delightfully high level of quality. The lush yet modern atmosphere and excellent service make this a must-visit restaurant.
Big-city style, attentive service, a great wine list (including boutique California Pinot Noirs, Syrahs, etc.) and perfectly executed, straightforward dishes make this perhaps my favorite Vail restaurant. This fall we savored braised duck leg, local-corn soup, Columbia River wild salmon and a warm corn waffle with Palisade peaches—a perfect meal. For lunch, don’t miss the lobster sandwich with big chunks of lobster and applewood-smoked bacon.
Home base for upscale modern American cooking, Sweet Basil has just kept getting better for thirty years now. Recently remodeled in an airy, contemporary mode, with stone walls and sleek lighting, it’s also even sexier than before. The kitchen uses impeccably sourced ingredients, like Anson Mills polenta and Colorado lamb, to delicious effect. Even the wildflower honey is local.
Search By Keyword
This archipelago of some one hundred islands in the Indian...
A memorable sidestep to lesser-known cities: Gwailor and Orchha (near...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.