A bit like Bali or Morocco thirty years ago, Peru still feels raw and undiscovered despite its incredible historical and geographical treasures. Come now that it has all of the creature comforts for an adventurous traveler to sacrifice nothing in the way of good food and shopping but before the crowds arrive and discover its still unspoiled corners.
Those interested in full family itineraries or specialist guides should contact our advisory team.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
EXPERIENCE…the mystical power of the Inca’s “lost city” of Machu Picchu at dusk
EAT…Peruvian cuisine with a contemporary twist at Astrid y Gaston to why its world-famous
SPLURGE…on a ride on the Orient-Express train, the Hiram Bingham
DRINK…a taste of all of the national favorites: Inca Kola, Chicha and Pisco Sour
SAVOR…fresh ceviche at one of our favorite Lima restaurants
VISIT…the lesser-known Inca ruins with an expert
SEE…the markets in the Sacred Valley and marvel at the variety of produce and the gorgeous textiles
SHOP…for beautiful house wares and clothing hand made by local artisans
KNOW…the best bespoke outfitter to plan your journey and get you access to private haciendas, kitchens and museums.
Search By Keyword
This South American city is imbued with sophistication, generous hospitality...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.